The Bureau of Labor Statistics has revealed early 2012 duration-of-unemployment numbers, and more than 54% of job seekers are in for a longer than 6 month job search. Aspire! Empower! Career Strategy Group helps job seekers expedite their search and get jobs in shorter periods of time.
Bethesda, MD (PRWEB) February 17, 2012
Each month, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) publishes an Economic News Release outlining the duration-of-unemployment in the United States. As of February 3rd, 2012, the numbers indicate that longer than six month job searches still prevail. According to the survey, in January 19.3% of job seekers found work in less than 5 weeks; 22.4% in 5 to 14 weeks; 15.4% in 15 to 26 weeks; and the majority, 42.9%, found that their job search extended past 27 weeks.
According to Laura M. Labovich, founder of Aspire! Empower! Career Strategy Group, a DC-based career firm, “As a job seeker, getting expert career advice at the onset of a search is critical, and can shorten the duration of unemployment in the long run.”
A career or job search coach can be a job seeker’s ally in a myriad of ways:
1. Goals assessment. Working with a coach can help job seekers crystallize what is really important and help them identify a job that is a best fit with personality, values and work preferences.
2. Resume and cover letter development. A resume writer can write a compelling document that speaks to the issues that company and/or industry is facing, and clearly articulates the unique selling proposition (USP). A professionally written resume alone will help shorten a job search, often by positioning a job seeker for a senior-level job, at a higher rate of pay. This investment will more than pay for itself.
3. Networking and job search strategy. A good coach will provide a job seeker with a Personal Marketing Plan (or a blueprint) for a search that will drive daily, weekly and monthly activities and take the guesswork out of a confusing and frustrating search.
4. Interview and salary negotiation preparation. As most job seekers know, it is optimal to prepare and rehearse answers to “Tell me about yourself” and other common (or less common) questions in advance of an interview. A coach can help a job seeker fine-tune the answers to these, and more complex, questions.
Aspire! Empower! Career Strategy Group understands the role expert advice and strategy plays in finding a job, and teaches job seekers a more efficient way to conduct a ssearch that will lead to more job offers, in a shorter period of time.
About Laura M. Labovich and Aspire! Empower! Career Strategy Group:
Laura M. Labovich, MLRHR, Founder and President of Aspire! Empower! Career Strategy Group, is a Guild Certified Five O’Clock Club Career Coach, an award-winning résumé writer, and the co-author of the soon-to-be-published book: “100 Conversations for Career Success: Learn to Tweet, Cold Call and Network Your Way to a Dream Job” (LearningExpress, LLC.)
Aspire! Empower! Career Strategy Group (http://www.aspire-empower.com) is a full-service career consulting firm that arms high-achieving professionals with empowering job search solutions enabling them to attract more job offers, at higher rates of pay, in a shorter period of time. Aspire! Empower! offers job search strategy coaching, résumé and career marketing document development (bios, Linkedin profiles, executive summaries) social media training, and career development workshops for individuals and companies, in the Washington D.C. area, and throughout the U.S.
Aspire! Empower! Career Strategy Group
- Aspire! Empower! Career Strategy Group Unveils 5-Step Plan for Using Social Media in a Job Search
- Find a Career Coach to Mentor You Through a Job Search Or Career Change
- New service helps job seekers penetrate applicant tracking systems
- CDI to Recognize Pioneering Career Coaches, Career Managers, Career Authors …
- Cold call can advance job search